Dufeu IT are looking to hire a 2nd line IT field service technician to complement our already fantastic team. Our perfect candidates will be able to hit the ground running, have a willingness to learn and progress themselves and their careers, handle high pressure technical issues under time constraints and work well both alone and within a team.
We require someone who knows the importance of communication both with our clients and internally, and willing to go the extra mile to fulfil the needs of both the company and our clients. We’re offering the right candidate the opportunity to develop their knowledge and experience as well as play a healthy part in contributing to our continuing success.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Troubleshoot and resolve clients technical IT and Telecoms related issues both remotely and on site
- On-site visits to clients for project and installation work, fixing complex technical issues or in exceptional circumstances, resolving emergency situations.
- On-site visits to clients for project work, fixing complex technical issues or in exceptional circumstances, resolving emergency situations.
- Log clear and concise technical information regarding work complete in the service management system
- Log clear and concise technical information in the client documentation system and create knowledgebase articles
- Interact with clients at all organisational levels (the receptionist to the MD) to understand their technology requirements, address and resolve problems as well as ensuring their satisfaction levels are always as high as they can be.
- Informing and educating users and key decision makers on ways to better utilise the technology and support on offer to them.
- To install new software and hardware at client sites and conduct appropriate testing once installed
- Liaise with clients to research and seek solutions to technical problems and accurately document the findings and fixes applied
- To proactively research new methods of providing client support and where these are accepted by the business, to implement them and monitor their effectiveness
- To continually seek to improve processes and internal procedures to the benefit of the Company and its clients.
Qualifications & Experience
- Ability to quickly learn and understand new technologies (in minutes and hours, not days and weeks)
- Great listening skills
- Speaks non-geek, builds rapport and communicates easily with people at all organisational levels
- An ability to manage their own time and create structured plans of work to get stuff done
- Experience of performing complex technical delivery under pressure whilst keeping a clear head and eye on the wider scope of work
- Logical and creative approach to problem-solving
- Located in Northamptonshire but must be willing to travel to other parts of the UK at short notice
- Full UK driving license
- Virtualisation experience (VMware preferred)
- Network deployment, maintenance and troubleshooting experience – routing, firewalls, switching, etc
- Microsoft Server / domain experience (Microsoft certification desirable but not essential)
- Microsoft applications experience – Exchange, Office 365, SQL
- Experience with WiFi hardware and technologies
- Cat 5e cabling experience
- VoIP and video conferencing technologies – servers, handsets and endpoints (3CX software preferred)
- Audio-visual equipment installation experience
To apply or for more information please email email@example.com