Are you or do you know an experienced IT Professional who is looking to further their career by joining a growing and forward thinking business?
Dufeu IT are looking to hire a 1st/2nd line IT Helpdesk Technician to join our already fantastic IT service team. Our ideal candidates will be able to hit the ground running, have a willingness to learn and progress themselves and their careers, handle high pressure technical issues under time constraints and work well within a team.
We require someone who knows the importance of communication both with our clients and internally, and willing to go the extra mile to fulfil the needs of both the company and our clients. We’re offering the right candidate the opportunity to develop their knowledge and experience as well as play a healthy part in contributing to our continuing success.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage and resolve customer 1st and 2nd line IT and telecoms issues ensuring the provision of first class customer service throughout.
- Complete Tier 1 and Tier 2 service tickets as required.
- Assist Field Support technicians in providing support via the phone, remotely or onsite when workloads are high, or where additional experience is required.
- Create SOP’s relating to the service desk and update the knowledgebase with technical documentation.
- Manage and maintain customer network documentation.
- Ensure that accurate, detailed information is collected and logged about every raised incident and service request to provide the relevant information to other support technicians as appropriate.
Qualifications & Experience
- Ability to quickly learn and understand new technologies.
- Great listening skills.
- Speaks non-geek, builds rapport and communicates easily with people at all organisational levels.
- An ability to manage their own time and create structured plans of work to get stuff done.
- Experience of performing complex technical delivery under pressure whilst keeping a clear head and eye on the wider scope of work.
- Logical and creative approach to problem-solving.
- Located in Northamptonshire but must be willing to travel to other parts of the UK at short notice.
- Full UK driving license.
- Microsoft server / domain experience (Microsoft certification desirable but not essential).
- Microsoft workstation support.
- Virtualisation experience (VMware preferred)
- Network deployment, maintenance and troubleshooting experience – routing, firewalls, switching, etc
- Microsoft applications experience – Exchange, Office 365, SQL.
The candidate will be required to show initiative, take ownership of a problem, and provide a solution in a timely and effective manner.
Our perfect candidate would have exceptional customer service skills, at least 2 years Windows Server support experience and have a good working knowledge of Active Directory. Experience in managing and maintaining Office 365, VoIP telecoms, VMWare and SQL is desirable as is experience with the Autotask PSA system.
The 1st/2nd line IT Helpdesk Technician role would ideally suit a 1st line technician looking to further their career and improve their skill set or a 2nd line technician looking for more responsibility with future scope to manage a team of technicians.
To apply or for more information please email email@example.com