Are you or do you know an experienced IT Professional who is looking to further their career by joining a growing and forward thinking business?
Dufeu IT are looking to hire a 1st/2nd line IT Technician to join our already fantastic remote monitoring and management team. Our ideal candidates will be able to hit the ground running, have a willingness to learn and progress themselves and their careers, handle high pressure technical issues under time constraints and work well within a team.
We require someone who knows the importance of communication both with our clients and internally, and willing to go the extra mile to fulfil the needs of both the company and our clients. We’re offering the right candidate the opportunity to develop their knowledge and experience as well as play a healthy part in contributing to our continuing success.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Troubleshoot and resolve server and workstation issues stemming from remote monitoring alerts.
- Build remote monitoring templates, configure server alert checks and thresholds.
- Manage and maintain a patch management policy.
- Automate tasks and use scripting to streamline workflow.
- Manage and maintain customer backup and disaster recovery solutions.
- Protect servers and workstations by identifying malware infections and resolving them.
- Assist with the customer on-boarding process.
- Create SOP’s relating to the RMM system and update the knowledgebase.
- Manage and maintain customer network documentation.
- Present RMM reports to the Service Director and Business Development Manager.
- Identify sales opportunities stemming from RMM activity and reports.
- Liaise with the Service Director and IT Service Manager regarding any escalated RMM issues.
- Complete Tier 1 and Tier 2 service tickets as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Ability to quickly learn and understand new technologies.
- Great listening skills.
- Speaks non-geek, builds rapport and communicates easily with people at all organisational levels.
- An ability to manage their own time and create structured plans of work to get stuff done.
- Experience of performing complex technical delivery under pressure whilst keeping a clear head and eye on the wider scope of work.
- Logical and creative approach to problem-solving.
- Located in Northamptonshire but must be willing to travel to other parts of the UK at short notice.
- Full UK driving license.
- Microsoft server / domain experience (Microsoft certification desirable but not essential).
- Microsoft workstation support.
- Virtualisation experience (VMware preferred)
- Network deployment, maintenance and troubleshooting experience – routing, firewalls, switching, etc
- Knowledge of scripting in order to automate issue resolution and the maintenance of Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Microsoft applications experience – Exchange, Office 365, SQL.
The candidate will be required to ‘own’ the RMM system by keeping up to date with new releases, advising on how we can streamline our workflow by better utilising the system and enhancing the vendor relationship.
Our perfect candidate would have exceptional customer service skills, at least 2 years Windows Server support experience and have a good working knowledge of Active Directory. Experience in managing and maintaining RMM systems, VSS backup solutions, VMWare and SQL is desirable as is experience with the Autotask PSA system.
The Proactive RMM Technician role would ideally suit a 1st line technician looking to further their career and improve their skill set or a 2nd line technician looking for more responsibility with future scope to manage a team of technicians.
To apply or for more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org